Actually, that's not true. I have a lot to say, but I'm not ready to say any of it. So I'm deferring to the parroted list instead. Enjoy!
10 years ago...
September, 1998. I had just started my senior year in high school. I had applied to Texas A&M, the only university I wanted to attend. My parents pushed me to apply elsewhere, but since A&M is where I wanted to go, and I knew I'd get in (thank you top 10%), I figured what was the point? I drove a '04 Hyundai Excel, was drum major and all-around awesomeness in the band :) and life was just about perfect.
5 years ago...
September 2003. I had just graduated college the previous May, having no idea what I wanted to do with my life. All I knew is that I wanted to stay with my friends in College Station, so I ended up working a crappy bank teller job making just over minimum wage. I did, however, have the best time with my roommates, Andrea and Caitlin. I owe so much to you two. It was a scary time, trying to become an adult but having no idea the direction my life was headed, but I handled it the best I could.
5 months ago...
April 2008. Trying to survive my way through TAKS season. Spring is always a hard time for me, socially and job-wise. I spend all my time at school, and if I'm not there, I'm thinking about things I need to do when I get there.
5 things on my to do list tomorrow...
1. Sleep in without my alarm, thank goodness
2. Pick up my prescription
3. Grade papers
4. Do laundry
5. SMU football game with the family
5 things people don't know about me...
1. I own an NSYNC dvd of one of their concerts. Crissy and I used to actually sit and watch it for hours at a time.
2. I know 98% of the Friends episodes by heart. Maybe 99%.
3.When I was young, I colored on my little brother's head with markers.
4. Since my mom is a teacher, I used to think that everyone had the summer off, and my dad just had a really special job, since he didn't get a vacation like that.
5. I was 3 1/2 weeks late when I was born, which means I was HUGE. I ran out of room in my mom's stomach, so my feet were extremely pigeon-toed when I was a child, from being squished. I had to wear braces on my legs at night for a looooong time to correct the issue, and I'm still not convinced that it's corrected today.
5 bad habits...
1. I twirl my hair, especially when I'm nervous.
2. I have Really. Bad. Road. Rage. Just ask Alida, or my brother.
3. Expecting everyone to be as organized and on-time as I am.
4. Impatience...you would think that would have been cured the first year of teaching middle school. But no. No it hasn't been.
5. Thinking less of myself than I should.
5 places I've lived...
1. Fort Worth, TX
2. Aledo, TX
3. College Station, TX
4. Bryan, TX
5. Mansfield, TX
Tag 5 people...
You're it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I just saw on your facebook that you have a blog, then saw that I got a nice little shout-out in this post! How special and sweet to find! I miss our college days and trading our Nora Roberts books! If you are ever in Austin, please please give me a call. I'd love to see you and have you meet Miss Avery. In fact, just come down for a weekend, I have a guest room ready for you!
Post a Comment