1. My uncle once: pointed a gun at my other uncle, who happened to be holding me at the time. So essentially, he pointed a gun at me. Yeah, my family's cool like that.
2. Never in my life: have I watched The Terminator movies. My friend was appalled when he found this out. I personally don't see what the big deal is.
3. When I was five: I skipped a grade in school because I was bored in the class I was in and getting into trouble. This is why I am younger than everyone I know.
4. High school was: a long time ago. I had fun, and there are times when I'm nostalgic about certain things, like band trips and football games, but I'm glad it's over.
5. I will never forget: where I was on 9/11, as I'm sure you won't either. I had just woken up, about 8:45, and had gone out to the kitchen to get some breakfast. My roommate, Crissy, was sitting on the couch watching the news. She looked up at me and said, "You're not going to believe this." At the time, they still thought that perhaps the building had been bombed instead of planed. Together we watched the second plane hit the tower, and then watched the two towers fall. I had a class later that day, and as I was riding the bus, it struck me how silent everyone was. There was no talking on the bus whatsoever. I will never forget.
6. Once I met: Yao Ming. The Chinese President came to talk at the Bush Library when I was a senior, and I got to go with the OPS team from MSC OPAS for security purposes. Yao Ming had traveled up from Houston, and I got to meet him after the speech. He is HUGE. I came to his belly button. Seriously.
7. There’s this girl I know: who moved across the country and didn't know anyone. She's pretty awesome. As are all my girls.
8. Once, at a bar: I threw up IN the bar. In front of people. It was my 23rd birthday, I hadn't eaten that much during the day, and we only had about an hour and a half to celebrate. I downed 3 amaretto sours and 2 beers in an hour and then proceeded to throw up next to our table. It's a good thing I was friends with the owner.
9. By noon, I’m usually: dying for lunch. During school I eat breakfast on my way to school, around 6:30, so by noon my stomach is craving more nourishment.
10. Last night: I watched The Notebook, even though it's torture for me. My grandma has Alzheimer's, which is much like the dementia that Ali suffers from in the movie, and I'm unable to watch her struggle. So I fast forward through the present-time parts of the movie and only watch the scenes from the book Noah reads. It's better for me that way.
11. If only I had: my debts paid off. I'd be a much happier girl.
12. Next time I go to church: will be Sunday.
13. What worries me most: never paying off my bills.
14. When I turn my head left I see: my patio door and the TV.
15. When I turn my head right I see: my over packed August calendar.
16. You know I’m lying when: see, here's the thing: I lie really really well. Seriously. I can look you right in the eye and lie, and you'd never know. This is why I never do it. It would be much too easy. So to finish the sentence: you'd never know when I was lying.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: the innocence of childhood.
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: Viola from Twelfth Night. We had to make these videos in senior English, our group chose that particular comedy, and I was chosen to play Viola. I loved it. Our video was not so good, partly because we shot it all in one day, but mostly because we were seniors and just didn't care.
19. By this time next year: I'll be much closer to my master's degree, and hopefully I'll be in a different phase of my life.
20. A better name for me would be: Sophia. No reason, I just like the name.
21. I have a hard time understanding: close-minded people. Believing that there is only ONE way to do anything is super arrogant, to my way of thinking.
22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: be a lot older, seeing as how I've already decided to go back to school for my master's degree.
23. You know I like you if: my friends know about you.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: the person or people who are giving me the award. Very polite, Becky.
25. Take my advice, never: try to clean around a burner with a paper towel while the burner is on. This is how fires begin.
26. My ideal breakfast is: a cheese and onion omelet. YUM.
27. A song I love but do not have is: Near to You by A Fine Frenzy. LOVE it.
28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: ignore the monstrosity that is the new football stadium. It really is just hideous.
29. Why won’t people: get out of the left lane if they are going slower than the flow of traffic?? This is the cause of much road rage for me.
30. If you spend a night at my house: you'll have to talk loudly if you want to wake me up. I wear earplugs to bed. When I first lived on my own, every little noise scared me to death, so I started wearing earplugs so I could sleep at all. Now, I've gotten so used to them that I cannot sleep without them.
31. I’d stop my wedding for: almost nothing. It'd have to be pretty serious (ie natural disaster (HUGE natural disaster) or heart attack) for me to stop my wedding.
32. The world could do without: wasps. They serve no purpose but to frighten and intimidate, and they resemble the aliens on Independence Day.
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: do the dishes.
34. My favourite blonde(s) is/are: Justin Timberlake. YUM.
35. Paper clips are more useful than: wasps. And crickets.
36. If I do anything well it’s: reading. And organizing.
37. I can’t help but: read. It's a sickness really. Last week, I succumbed and got a library card. I am opposed to library cards because I like to own my books, but it's just too expensive. So I caved.
38. I usually cry: at everything. Anything that you can possibly think of to cry at, I do. I cry when the OnStar commercials come on the radio and you hear the panicked voices of the car crash victims. It's ridiculous, really.
39. My advice to my child/nephew/niece: You can do anything you want to do. Just try.

2 comments:
I tear up at the OnStar commercials too... that and when a police/fire/ambulance is heading down the road and everyone pulls over (as they should)... makes me feel like we're all one caring entity for a few seconds.
You seriously came up to his belly button?! Did you poke it...?
Post a Comment