Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wag More, Bark Less

I read this on a bumper sticker today and thought it was appropriate for my current situation. My nerves are right underneath the surface at this point, as are my feelings, and I am finding myself snapping or getting irritated so quickly these days. I am normally much more tolerant (for the most part), and so I am going to make a conscious effort to do more wagging, less barking.

I will leave you with a list of things that made me smile today:
  • A cloud shaped like a smiling goldfish cracker.
  • A conversation with my mom, that made me both smile and cry. In the mall. More on this later.
  • A field of blooming bluebonnets on my way to the store.
  • A couple of kids in my neighborhood playing with light sabers in their front yard. Ahh, the innocence of youth.
  • A phone call from one of the best friends, doling out support and comfort just by being there to talk to.
  • Buying my first coffee maker! I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning. :)

Wag more, bark less.

2 comments:

Becky Mochaface said...

Mmmm, coffee is a good thing :D

Booyah said...

So proud of your big girl coffeemaker. And proud of you. Just for being you.

Also, I read that as field of blueberries and I think I would like one of those.